If you are looking to restore your power in case of a power outage, you may consider to purchase a Power Inverter. There is always a possibility for a major storm to hit your area which may cause major power outages
You do not want to be caught off guard and without power once a storm hits in your area as this will cause you a great amount of stress. There are several option for you to consider in order to be prepared in a case of an emergency.
Do you recall the last time you were without power and much of your precious food spoiled or someone caught a cold and worse yet, there was a freeze-up and you had no way to get heat into your home?
There are several options for you to be prepared. You may either purchase a generator or a Peak Power Inverter that you may plug into a vehicle battery. You would plug an extension cord that is attached to the battery of your vehicle into the Inverter.
With this Power Inverter you may then plug your refrigerator, a small appliance, some lights, a portable heater, a sump pump or such items into the Inverter. You should not plug all of these items in at the same time as this will overheat the Inverter and cause a power failure.
Tips to run a Power Inverter Safely!
- Read the manual and follow the directions
- Have extra gasoline stored in a dry cool place away from heat or sparks
- Make sure your vehicle is parked at least 15 feet away from your home with the exhaust facing away from your home as this could cause carbon-monoxide poisoning
- Use undamaged extension cords to run from the vehicle to the Power Inverter
- Do not run the Inverter cable to the cigarette lighter adapter or AC power source because it is not strong enough,
- Plug the Power Inverter cable to the battery terminals of the vehicle
- Keep the Inverter far from the vehicle engine in a cool dry place, because of gas fumes which could cause a fire.
You should also know that not all battery operated tools can be charged with a Power Inverter such as:
- Hand Phone
- Cordless razors,
- Electric toothbrushes
- And other cordless tools.
If they need charging you may need to consider to wait until your power is back on otherwise you could damage your appliances.
In case the Power Inverter will overheat be prepared for a shut down. Please wait and let it cool off before you restart it again. If the overload indicator light flashes a warning, make sure you check the manual before it shuts down and address the problem before restarting.